This is a fun meme co-hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing. Be sure to visit and join in the fun!
Wow, this week made me have to look for my thinking cap!
Here are the fill-in-the-blanks:
1. _______________________ a ___________________________________.
2. My favorite magazine is ________________________________________.
3. Recently, ____________________________________________________.
4. Even though _________________, I ____________________ __________.
Here are my responses:
1. I would love to move to a house out in the middle of no freakin' where. Nothing but woods with a clearing in the center, and beautiful, isolated scenery as far as the eyes can see. No dragon neighbors, so I can safely breathe. No booming music, so I stand a chance at a day with no headache. I want a place with plenty of beautiful things to photograph AND a lower food bill because maybe I could actually get something to grow.
2. My favorite magazine is AfterCapture, I think. I really don't currently have a favorite. I like most any of them that will help me to become a better photographer. I also love Sew Beautiful and Creative Needle, at least the way they used to be and any knitting and crocheting magazine. I'm not really picky about the magazine title. I just want to be able to make pretty and/or cute things, especially baby things.
3. Recently, I read a very upsetting article from quite some time ago. A family was moving from one home to another. The mama and the kids were sitting on a sofa in the back of a very loaded truck with a man driving. Her husband was following up the rear in another vehicle. A freight train had gone down the line and the crossing signals were still going off. The driver of the truck with the mama and the babies went to cross the tracks after the freight train had cleared. Only thing is, he didn't see the passenger train that was approaching. Its view was blocked out by the freight train. The train hit the car and killed the mama and her 3 year old and her 4 month old. Her husband was far enough behind that he didn't see what had happened or to whom it had happened. He got out of his vehicle to check out what was going on like everyone else. Once he got through the crowd, he was face-to-face with his dead wife and babies. What a horrible scene to come upon.
4. Even though my arthritic hands are very shaky and I can't remember how to set my camera from one session to the next, I still want to be a great photographer. I want to photograph the beauty that Heavenly Father has created out there in nature for us to enjoy. I have all but given up pursuing this dream, but the want to is still very much inside me. Even though my memories of my childhood are spotty at best, I want to be able to leave a book of memories of me for my children. Even though I knit at a speed of about 2 stitches a week, I want to be able to knit beautiful garments for those that appreciate handwork and for potential future grandchildren. I want something to be left of me when I am no longer around, something that shows them that their Moogie loved them even before they came into being.
Please be sure to visit David over at Random Thoughts and Observations.
Please subscribe to David's YouTube Channel. Thanks!