1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
We slept through most of it. It was too hot here to be awake for anything. We didn't venture out of the house for anything except that I went out to water the tomatoes (that are being stubborn!) and feed the neighborhood kitties.
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
|Zoomie after getting stuck in the yard.|
Red thing(s): My Zoomie and strawberries.
White thing: My family.
Blue thing: Their eyes.
Of course, Davey's brown eyes are my favorite brown things, too.:)
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain.
Probably the red flag. Menopause and 100+ temps. Need I say more?
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
I think that going to the mountain in Japan would be nice. Davey is in Okinawa and I don't know how far that is from that mountain, but it would be wonderful to see him and go to a cool place like that. Also, I think the festival in Salzburg would be fun. David's most recent immigrant ancestors were from Austria. It would be kind of like going home.
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
I like all of them, but they don't like me. I like them in this order: Mac and cheese, grilled cheese, pimento cheese.
6. What makes you sweat?
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?
Gone With the Wind, Braveheart, Rob Roy all touch on patriotism. GWTW, both the South and the North fought for what they thought was right. It was what it was. Braveheart and Rob Roy, …fighting for freedom from oppression, for love of country. Like Prego, patriotism is in there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why does it have to be so bloody hot in the summertime? I feel sorry for my mama for having to carry me through a long Southern summer, with no air conditioner!
I love this quote:
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."