This week has blown by pretty fast and far from fearless. This week saw us about four hours away from home with our oldest daughter going for an audition for the drama department of the university she will be attending in the fall. I am not ready for her to be so far away from home. She's twenty-two years old; I know that I have to let go sometime, but I don't want now to be the time. I don't do well with change or the unknown.
This is going to take a lot of praying. I know that He will deliver me from fear and worry. I have to turn her over to Him at this point. I can't keep her here with me forever. As much as I'd love to be able to keep her, she has to be free to grow.
1. I am thankful that our daughter is going after what she wants and not being held back by fear.
2. I am thankful for the beautiful tulips and other landscaping at this university. She will be at a beautiful place!
3. I am thankful that it is a close-knit school in that it isn't spread across the city. It is more self-contained than other universities that we've looked at.
4. I am thankful for the colors of spring that have popped up all over during the last week. I've seen Indian paintbrushes, bluebonnets, tulips, lantana, oxalis, and all sorts of yellow flowers that I don't know the names of, as well as trees with purple flowers blooming. Beautiful!
5. I am thankful for the change in topography from flat to hilly on our drive to the university. It reminded me of where we lived in South Carolina.
6. I am thankful for universities that are based on faith and require it of their teachers and build it in their student body.
7. Finally, I am thankful that we managed to find the bookstore so that I could replace my camera batteries and get a shot of the tulips near the Fine Arts Center!