I have received a Liebster Award Nomination. Thank you to Wendy of Artisan-Denizen!
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
1. Tea or Coffee?
Tea, iced tea to be exact.
2. A good day is when...
We go on long drives and find pretty things to look at and photograph.
3. You cannot get through the day without...
Going to the bathroom. OK, I know that wasn't the type of answer you were looking for. I can't get through the day without reading something.
4. Have you ever walked out of a movie because you didn't like it and it just wasn't going to get any better?
No, not that I can think of at the moment, but we have turned off plenty of videos because of stupid stuff happening in them such as foul language and various other things.
5. Your most brilliant moment was when...
Hmmm, maybe when I delivered my first baby in a room full of student nurses, about 30 of them. I am incredibly shy and don't do well with crowds, but I gave birth in front of one. My husband still can't believe it.
6. Favorite literary genre(s)?
Fiction along the lines of the Blossom Street Series by Debbie Macomber.
7. Art museum or Science museum?
I like both, but would probably enjoy the art museum the most depending on the type of art it featured.
8. If you started another blog, it would be about...
That is a hard question. I've just recently merged all of my blogs under the title PS Annie! Anything else that I'd like to write about would work here.
9. Favorite Restaurant(s)?
It depends on what I'm in the mood to eat. Cracker Barrel and K-Bobs Steakhouse are both great. For catfish around here, the answer would be Diamond S. For barbecue, the best place in town is Taste Woods!
10. Saddest song ever?
Streets of Heaven by Sherrie Austin. The first time I heard it, I was driving to get the family, and could not speak to them when they got into the car because I was bawling so hard. It ripped my heart out. The pain of losing a child never goes away, nor do I think that it ever truly lessens. It is always there, the missing, the longing.
A Dozen Red Roses by Tammy Graham hits me pretty hard, too.
11. Funniest sitcom character?
Fred Sanford. He was a blast.
2. I am a writer that often has writer’s block.
3. I like to explore antique stores.
4. I am older than Sesame Street.
5. I can be found prowling around graveyards, even though I’m not a zombie.
6. I’m not a big TV fan, but I like old movies.
7. History is one of my most favorite subjects.
8. I do not like math nor the program called Excel. Both make me crazy!
9. I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars.
10. I have very sensitive hearing, yet I have extreme difficulty hearing.
11. I have been a Christian since I was a little girl, though my behavior hasn’t always been what Jesus would do.
1. Was kindergarten mandatory in your area when you were the age to go?
2. What is your passion? What drives you?
3. Who in your family history do you most enjoy hearing about?
4. What did you want to be when you grew up? Is that what you became?
5. If you went to college, where did you go? Did you ever hold a job in the area of your major?
6. Do you have a favorite craft or hobby? What is it?
7. Describe your favorite room in your home now or in your childhood home.
8. How many blogs do you own and how many do you follow? Write about two of your favorites.
9. Ketchup-or mustard-based barbecue sauce? Beef, pork, or chicken for your barbecue? Which was used for the family cookouts of your childhood?
10. Tell about a favorite memory of you with your parents or grandparents.
11. Do you keep a journal? Is it done on the computer or with actual pen and paper?
Random Thoughts and Observations
Carolina Family Roots
A Farmgirl’s View
Cathy Kennedy’s Blog
Empty Nest in Illinois
E. Lizard Breath Speaks
Many Branches, One Tree
Remember When Genealogy