1. I read here a list of 13 things you should do in June. I'm paraphrasing a little but basically...
Go on a road trip with your best friend, pick fresh strawberries, host a garden party, take a morning run, treat yourself to a flower bouquet, spend a whole day hiking, discover a new coffee shop, try a new ice cream flavor, read at least one book, visit a Farmer's Market, make a swing for your home, and visit a new city.
Which thing on the list do you most want to do? Of the activities mentioned, which one holds the least appeal? How many on the list will you attempt in June? What's one thing you'd add to the list?
I would love to pick fresh strawberries. More to the point, I would love to eat said fresh strawberries. Lots of them.
A morning run would be the one with the least appeal, especially in this neighborhood.
I would love a road trip and I'm definitely game for trying a new ice cream flavor, reading a book, and going to the Farmer's Market. Even if we built a swing for the yard here, we wouldn't be able to use it. Our neighbors smoke like dragons.
I would add photographing lots of flowers, landscapes, and foggy mornings!
2. What's something you could do today to feel more peaceful?
At this particular moment, run away. My head is about to explode.
3. June 7th is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day. Are you a fan? Swiss mocha, rocky road, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter and chocolate, or a dish of plain chocolate...what's your pleasure?
I love just about any kind of chocolate ice cream there is. My all-time favorite is Moosetracks.
4. If you came with a warning what would it say?
Warning: Extremely volatile. Keep away from heat or flame. The trigger varies, though not usually by much.
5. What's the most interesting website you've visited in the last week?
I have visited many websites over the past week in my quest to learn more about strokes and how to prevent them. I can't choose the most interesting between those.
6. Spring, summer, autumn, winter...which season are you? Why?
I don't know which season I "am", but I was born in the middle of August. My favorite season, in regards to temperatures, is winter. Otherwise, my favorite season is spring because of all the wildflowers.
7. "You lose sight of things...and when you travel, everything balances out." ~Daranna Gidel
Would you agree with that sentiment? Explain why or why not.
I don't know whether I agree with it or not. I don't have the brain power for abstract thinking at this particular moment. Traveling would at least offer a change of scenery and that is often a very good thing.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them." Steve Maraboll
Right now I do not have that. There is too much happening at once. Menopause and strokes are not best buddies. It seems that "one more thing" is always waiting just around the corner to jump out at me. Nothing I do makes a difference on any of these things and I'm about ready to literally explode.
Thankfully, Heavenly Father has won these battles already and will be around to clean up the mess I leave behind in the wake of the explosion.
Please be sure to visit David's Hodgepodge post at: Random Thoughts and Observations. Thank you!