The statements for this week are:
1. I used to love to eat _____________________, but now it repulses me.
2. I would never eat _______________________, but now I love it.
3. I always cry _________________.
4. _______________always makes me laugh.
My answers for this week are:
1. I used to love to eat at restaurants, but now it repulses me. I have seen too many food handlers do "the nose thing", where they wipe their noses on their hands and then mess with silverware or put a bun on a burger and all manner of things without even bothering to wash their hands. Some argue "but I have on gloves!" My response: "Yeah, okay, so you have on gloves. You just got them all boogerty because you wiped your nose on your gloved hand. Or, you used your gloved hands to empty the trash and didn't remove those gloves and wash your hands and put on new gloves before you touched my glass or food!" We were once in a restaurant that serves chips and salsa as an appetizer while you wait for your entrée. I watched as the worker girl licked her finger and then get the next liner to put in the basket. I understand that some papers are hard to separate unless you wet your fingers, but good grief! Get a sponge! I do NOT want pre-licked chips! And YES, I called her on it! Thankfully, she then went and threw away all of those contaminated liners and chips.
2. I would never eat guacamole as a youngster, but now I love it. I wish that I had been eating it all along. It is great!
3. I always cry __________ . The period should be right at the end of cry. I always cry. I am a big cry-baby these days thanks to the emotional rollercoaster of confused hormones not knowing where to settle for the last stage of life.
4. My family almost always makes me laugh.
Please be sure to read David's response at: Random Thoughts and Observations.