Saturday 9: What Hurts the Most (2006)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) What hurts Sam the most is her sole, since she just found that earring she thought was lost by stepping on it with her bare foot. How about you? Any aches and pains to report?
Yes. I have arthritis and scoliosis and lupus. There are always pains. But, I do what I have to do anyway. Life goes on whether I hurt or not.
2) What's the last thing you misplaced? Did you find it?
My keys and, yes, we found them. Read the story about that here: What a Day!
3) Lead singer Gary LeVox sings that he's not afraid to cry. When is the last time you shed a tear?
I am dealing with menopause, so crying is a frequent event these days. I can't remember specifically the last time or what caused the last actual crying-fest, but the last thing that made me cry inside was seeing a photo of a 12 week old baby that was miscarried. I am glad this woman was able to take a picture of her baby. I am so sorry for her loss. I know how much it hurts.
4) Gary auditioned for another country group, Little Big Town, but didn't get in. Considering how successful Rascal Flatts has been, he's probably not sorry. Tell us about something you thought you wanted, but later weren't so sure.
I thought that I wanted to be an architect way back when I was a teenager. Actually, I guess I still do. But, when I realized the depth of the math involved, I wasn't so sure anymore. The fear of higher math ended that dream. Now, I still design houses of all sorts for pleasure and have since I was a kid, but I laid down the dream of becoming an architect a very long time ago.
5) The country group has their roots in Columbus, Ohio. What else is Ohio known for?
Turnpikes? I have no clue!
6) Lead guitarist Joe Don Rooney married model and former Miss Georgia, Tiffany Fallon. Many major pageants give prizes in the talent, congeniality and swimsuit competitions. Would you prefer to have exceptional skills, a great personality, or a terrific body?
Exceptional skills would be of more value to me at this point in my life, but since I've never had a terrific body, I would choose that. It would be great to feel acceptable at least once in my life.
7) 2006, the year this song was popular, was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments, and won three. What's the last game you won? (Yes, Words with Friends counts.)
I think the last game that I won was a game that David and I call Dr. Pepper. However, he won it the last time that we played. It is played like Crazy 8s, but has 10s, 2s, and 4s as wild cards. The 8s are not wild in our version.
8) Actor Tony Shalhoub won an Emmy in 2006 for his portrayal of detective Adrian Monk on Monk. Who's your favorite TV detective?
Monk! Always and forever Monk. I think that he is a great detective and I don't see anything wrong with most of his "quirks". I definitely don't see a problem with his need for wipes in this day and age!
9) Random question ... You've just won an all-expenses-paid trip but now you have to choose: Carnivale in Brazil, the Bordeaux Wine Festival in France, or the Running of the Bulls in Spain?
I would probably choose France and while there I would work on some family history as I've discovered that some parts of our family came from France.