1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?
In late October, we'll be going to get our youngest daughter from school for a couple of days. She wants to see a play at the college here in town. We haven't seen her, except via YouTube and Skype since August 21.
2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.
I would choose food. For all of my childhood, family gatherings involved food, mostly at my Granny Gunter's house. It grew in me a love of various foods and family. I can't remember any holiday during my childhood not spent at Granny's house. I never had to question where we were going for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I also cherish the memory of Sunday dinners and fights with my siblings over the vanity chair at Aunt Mae's house.
3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?
a. I learned about feline leukemia. Our kitty Xerxes was diagnosed with it a week ago. I have been researching natural ways to treat/cure it, all the while praying for Heavenly Father to heal him.
b. I learned that you can use bubble wrap as window insulation…just don't do it if you have kids in the house!
c. I also learned the definition of ratiocinated (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ratiocinated). It is a word that was in one of my puzzle books. I had never seen it before and had no clue what it meant.
4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe.
I do not have any favorite game day recipes. I am not a sports fan, so games are no big deal to me.
5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?
a. Setting the alarm and not ignoring it when it goes off (very tempting!)
b. Getting to the bathroom on time.
c. Medicating the kitty.
d. Taking a bath.
e. Getting out the door by 6:30 a.m.
What I listed was more my actual routine than how to create a morning routine, but I don't know how to create one other than just getting up and doing what has to be done, whether I want to or not.
6. What small thing have you taken note of today?
Small, in the literal sense here…I couldn't find our newest newborn kitties. The mama cat never leaves them in one spot. Once she realizes that I have seen them, she moves them.
7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.
It was a very emotionally exhausting month.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Do you ever make plans, feel hopeful that they will get accomplished, get everything in place only to have something come along and just wreck the whole thing? That's where we are right now. I guess what I have at the moment is very guarded hope, or almost hope, or with a lot of work could be hope.