*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

01 December 2011

Writer's Workshop: Little Mouths

Mama’s Losin’ It


Please hop over to visit Mama Kat for a bunch of laughs!

The prompt that I chose for this week is:

4. Kids say the darndest things…describe a time a child’s honesty made you think. (Inspired by Ashley’s Closet)

When my youngest daughter was an itty bitty girl, my mother-in-law and her current husband came to our house in South Carolina for a visit. My baby girl was maybe four years old at the time. The family was sitting around the living room talking and my little one put in her two cents worth. I don't remember what the conversation was about, just her little voice saying to my husband's mother "back when you were not fat". I think that I must have stopped breathing and I know my heart stopped. I couldn't believe my baby girl had said such a thing. But, it's a risk you take when you raise them to tell the truth. My baby girl is a lot like my granny. She speaks her mind and doesn't generally beat around the bush. She's like her mama, too. I tend to be blunt. We both got a good dose of Granny's DNA, I think. It causes some rather amusing moments.

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...