*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

22 February 2011

Ice Skating

I am not a big sports fan, but if I were to be involved in sports, I would want to be a figure skater. I learned to roller skate early on, and the last time that I attempted it, I still did a fairly good job of it.

I have never been ice skating. Though I know that it is hard work, it just looks so peaceful and unrestrained, like a heart set free to dance.

My favorite book when I was a little girl was The Silver Seven by Rita Ritchie, ©1972. I searched for years for a copy of this book, my original copy having been lost in the shuffle of time. I was able to find it again a year or so ago through an e-bay seller. It is also available now through amazon.com.

I was in second grade when this book came out, full of hopes and dreams of being a figure skater some day. I didn't know how that would happen since there were no ice rinks anywhere near my little South Carolina town. But I dreamed of it, and lived it through the pages of that little book.

What is a favorite book from your childhood?

The Silver Seven

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...