1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games?
I have never really gotten into the Olympic games. I used to love to watch the figure skating, but am just not into any of it anymore.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
No, I have never been to Rio or to Greece. When my Uncle Earl was in the US Navy, he was stationed in Greece and he, my Aunt Carolyn, and my cousins lived there. I thought it sounded like a wonderful adventure as a child. But now that I am older and understand better what the real deal was there, I find it very scary. They lived with tanks in the streets. Once, the children were removed from the schools and sent to another country and the civilian parents were sent elsewhere. Can you imagine your young children (elementary ages) being off in another country and you not being there with them? Total strangers being with them instead? Terrifying!
I have never been to any of the games in person. I would not want to go because 1. I don't like crowds of people and, 2. I would spend most of the time in the bathroom. Why pay the ticket price to use a strange bathroom and miss the main event? No, I have never met an Olympian that I know of.
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
I guess it would be "the ball's in their court". I've expressed my views. It is their choice whether they take them to heart or not, and their choice to live with the consequences, be they good or bad.
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently?
Nothing at all, except maybe annoying people. Oh, I take that back! I have mastered sweating like a pig in this heat, so I'm probably a gold medalist in that event!
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
I have COPD. That is allegedly incurable and progressive. I am literally fighting the clock and my own body here. I know that, although I will lose lung capacity over time, if I can lose the excess weight, I will be more comfortable and able to breathe better right now and, hopefully, slow down the progression somewhat. I need to be as healthy as possible and here to take care of David.
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain.
I think I am mostly an old soul. I don't really know how to explain it other than most of the time I feel like I was meant for another point in time, like I don't belong here. I don't see things the way most people do.
But, some days I could be tempted to be 19 again!
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today?
I love S'mores and would be more than willing to have them today or any other day, for that matter. But, we don’t have the supplies to make them here today. Maybe soon.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My first random thought isn't so random: "Turn off summer heat already, please!"
My second random thought is, "I don't know what to write here today."
My third one….this quote might actually discourage someone from being grateful if they are living in a hot place like we are!
"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart. "~Celia Thaxter
I don't want eternal summer! I want winter time here, now, on my desk. What about you?
Please visit David over at Random Thoughts and Observations. Thanks!
Please subscribe to David's YouTube Channel. Thanks!