1. Pokemon Go...your thoughts? Are you playing? Do you even know what it is?
All I know about it is that it is a game that is making people behave, to quote a favorite VamPa, "nutsy cuckoo!" As I understand it, you wander about with an app open on the phone looking for Pokemon goomers and generally not paying attention to what is going on around you, thereby endangering yourself and others. Beyond that, no, I don't know what it is. According to the local newspaper, it has become all the rage on the square in town.
2. What was something you collected as a child? Do you still have that collection? If you're a parent what's something your own children collected? Have you ever camped out, stood in a crazy long queue, or paid a ridiculous sum for a 'collectible'?
I can't think of anything specifically that I collected as a child, unless you want to count mosquito bites, which I still seem to be collecting. My own children collected Warrior series books. It was a cool series about cats. They are also majorly into the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series.
I have no intention of camping out or standing in long lines to buy anything, nor the money to pay big prices for a collectible (or anything else, for that matter). I generally try to be practical.
3. "Collect moments, not things"...tell us about a moment you've added to your collection this summer.
Does being in the path of a falling tree count? I was just about to step off of the patio and heard a crackling noise. I looked up just as a tree part fell right in front of me. This was a few weeks ago. That thing was huge and could have splattered me good. Thankfully, I was too distracted by the crackling and stopped to listen to it rather than continuing to step off the patio or the story would have been entirely different.
4. What's something collecting dust in your home right now? Any plans to do something about it?
Everything! This town has to be the dustiest one that we've ever lived in. No matter how much things are dusted or vacuumed, it is still dusty here. There's nothing that I can do about it.
5. A favorite song relating to time?
Remember When? By Alan Jackson
6. What's been your most frightening or your most interesting encounter with wildlife?
I would have to say the time that we were at Brazos Bend State Park and I almost put my foot into an alligator's mouth. The thing about it is I was walking along being very aware of the thousands of alligators on all sides of us. I was just so busy looking at those a bit away from us that I missed the one right at my foot. David said, "Look out!" I'm surprised I didn't fall into the water from the startling it gave me. Thankfully, the thing didn't chomp me!
For more information about Brazos Bend State Park, see the following sites:
Texas Parks and Wildlife - Brazos Bend State Park
Brazos Bend State Park Volunteer Organization
7. On July 20, 1969 Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong set his foot down on the moon. If you could travel to the moon would you go? Why or why not?
Absolutely not! I can only imagine the hassle and man-handling one would get from the TSA going on *that* trip! Besides the aversion to strangers touching me, I am very claustrophobic and couldn't stand being closed up in something as long as it would take to get to the moon.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can it be winter now?