1. It's officially summer (in the northern hemisphere anyway). Which summer month is best and why?
I can't pick a best one from June, July, or August…all three have family birthdays. June covers our David, our youngest daughter and our oldest son. July holds the birthday of our precious daughter Dorian, who was stillborn in 1993. And August has my birthday, though long about now, I reckon I should be hoping that people forget that!
Temperature-wise, all of them are very hot here in this part of Texas.
2. Can you swim? How did you learn? June 27th is National Sunglasses Day. How many pair do you own?
I cannot swim, at least, not on top of the water like a normal person. In the past, I have done okay swimming underwater. I learned it by just doing it. Goggles are not very comfortable, though, and swimming blindly is not the most fun way to do it.
I have one pair of sunglasses and they need to be replaced something fierce!
3. What characteristic do you judge most harshly in yourself? How about in others?
In regards to personality, I get upset probably quicker than I should. In regards to looks, I judge my weight probably the most harshly, but pretty much all of my body gets a harsh judgement.
The second is related to the first in that I harshly judge those wearing inappropriate clothing in the visual range of my husband (or anybody's husband, for that matter). For one, they should have more self-respect. They should also respect others by keeping their personal business personal and not on display for the rest of the world to see.
4. Robert Frost wrote the now well known poem entitled The Road Not Taken. What's a road (literal or figurative) you've always wanted to travel, and where do you hope it takes you?
I want to be a published writer that people actually want to read. I don't care if I am ever famous or not; I just want to do something that matters, that means something to someone, something that makes a difference.
5. Popsicles-yay or nay? If you answered yay, what's your favorite flavor?
Yay! I haven't had a popsicle in ages. I used to like the grape ones and strawberry and definitely the fudge ones!
6. Brexit-on a scale of 1-10 how knowledgeable are you on what's involved here? (1=very knowledgeable and 10=what's Brexit) Is this news you'll follow or is it something you think won't impact your life in any way shape or form?
I don't know that it will impact my life in any way other than the folks around me talking about it. I don't know what "Brexit" means, but I know it has something to do with England leaving the EU. I have no clue about the pros or cons of being in or out of the EU.
7. Share a favorite song on your summer play list.
"I'm In Love With A Monster"
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am thankful that we have made it to the month anniversary of David's strokes without him having another one. He continues to work on recovery and we are thankful to have him still with us.
"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart." ~Celia Thaxter
What are you grateful for today?
Please visit David's Wednesday Hodgepodge post over at Random Thoughts and Observations.
Quote source: Quote Garden