1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar?
We are looking forward to having the girls home from school, even though it will only be about a week for our youngest.
2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
Babies come to mind and how happy I was to have mine.
Sadness, too, because I didn't have the relationship that I would like to have had with my mother growing up, nor did I have the relationship that I wanted with my mother-in-law. Some of us were just born unwanted by mother figures.
3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass?
Our wedding cake top was beautiful. It was a very detailed glass cake top. Unfortunately, it got broken during a move.
4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual?
Oh my, what a question after the morning we've had! Read about that in this post: What a Day!
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
I wish that I could have more self-confidence. David and many others say that I am my own worst critic. While I don't think that is true, - I've heard people be meaner to me than I have been to me! - I am very critical of anything that I do because I lack self-confidence and have a big helping of fear of failure.
6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May?
We need new tires for the car, and no, it will not likely happen in the month of May, unfortunately.
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an adult?
I've never liked washing dishes, especially forks. It has proven helpful to me as an adult because I know how to wash dishes and we can eat somewhat safely because the dishes are clean.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
How do those bugs fly all hooked together like that? I have seen zillions of what I call "love bugs" flying everywhere. They are all over the place in my most recent Queen Anne's lace pictures. One landed on me the other day. I don't think that it stung me. I don't even know if they have stingers. Either way, I haven't swollen or turned 40 shades of purple yet.
Please also visit David's first Wednesday Hodgepodge post over at: Random Thoughts and Observations!