*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

04 June 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook and open up the door to a simpler life.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...there are puppies yapping and wagging their tails about ninety miles an hour.

I am thinking...that this headache is no fun.

I am thankful...for the slower pace of summer break.

In the kitchen...there are plans for a birthday celebration.

I am wearing...a cotton gown.

I am creating...a lapghan with various dark shades of blue.

I am going...to Walmart later, but I wish that I didn't have to go.

I am wondering...why I keep having so many headaches.

I am reading...Craft Business Heroes. It is about various people that have started craft businesses, some in the US and some in the UK.

I am hoping...to get over this sinus infection soon.

I am looking forward to...being able to breathe again. I'm beginning to think it will never happen.

I am learning...a great deal about World War II. The true stories are more exciting than the fiction movies. I wish that they would stick to the facts.

Around the house...there is much to be done, but no one well enough to get it all done.

I am pondering...whether or not to post the last digital face that I made. It didn't turn out at all like I had planned. Sometimes the uh-oh turns out better than what was planned. I'm not so sure with this one.

A favorite quote for today... "Earth laughs in flowers." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

One of my favorite things... family history, especially when I can see where it fits into world history.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I plan to find out who else in our family served in World Wars I & II and find out as much as I can about their service to their country.

A peek into my day...

Crocheted Lapghan


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I love the old car parade photo on your blog. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope that you have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Patrice. :)

      Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Denise. For such short prompts, they can sometimes be awfully hard to answer.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes my Benny wags his tail so quickly that I don't know how he stays upright! I love how happy dogs can get. I hope that your headaches are going away and that you feel better soon. Family history is so fascinating! I enjoyed visiting your daybook today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Jhona! Sometimes I expect these puppies to take off like little helicopters. It is cute to see their excitement, though I would like to pet them without getting licked to bits. haha What kind of dog is Benny? Batly and Peter/Petra are Jack Russell Terrier and Chihuahua mix.

      My headaches have lessened, but I'm still very congested. I think it has actually gotten worse in my chest, but it will get better eventually. It just takes me longer than many people because I have to just fight through it. I am allergic to most antibiotics.

      I think that family history research is a tremendously rewarding thing to do, even when you find out things that maybe you would rather not learn. It is all a part of what makes you who you are.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. I hope that you have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Hope your sinus infection and headache have now subsided. You have chosen a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Catherine, on both counts. I am still sick, but at least the fever is gone. Maybe it won't be much longer.

      Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Have a great day!

      Delete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...