*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

27 April 2012

A to Z Blogging Challenge: X is for XXX Rated


My first memory of going to a drive-in movie was when I was a little bitty girl. I don't know how old I was, just that I was really young, probably preschool age. My parents decided to go to the drive-in. There was one in our hometown called The Viking.


I don't know what my parents knew going into this adventure, but let's just say it wasn't a movie for little eyes to be seeing. I remember peeking from the backseat over their seat and looking at the huge screen in front of our car. I remember seeing a woman in a red sweater, but she wasn't in it for very long. The next thing I remember is somebody reaching back and pushing my head down (not hard) so that I wouldn't see what was going on.
That's the last thing that I remember. Whether my parents stayed to see the rest or not, I don't know. Either the sleepy bug caught me or I passed out from a toddler heart attack or shock. That red sweater, however, is locked in my head forever.

It was much later that I learned the type of movie that The Viking specialized in and it makes me wonder if my parents truly were as shocked as I was.

Photo Credit: (c) Can Stock Photo

1 comment:

  1. I recall drive-ins like that when I was in my college years in the early 70s. I never went to them myself--I much preferred actual films and often the artier ones showed at the university.

    There was one of those xxx rated drive-in theaters that I used to pass by often. I was amused by the fact that the screen had a giant hole in the center of it. I guess the clientele didn't much care or maybe they didn't even notice.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...