Please be sure to click the button up there to join Joyce and her Wednesday Hodgepodge fun!
1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
A patriot, in my opinion, is someone that is loyal to their country, no matter how stupid it might seem to be at the moment. They are willing to defend their country, at times risking their lives to do so. Like a parent to a child, a patriot loves their country, no matter what.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
At this exact moment, the never ending headaches fit that description. Feeling secure is another.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
YAY! I made it through school. I'm old enough to move out without permission and I'm about to get married!
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
I wouldn't want to have to give up mashed potatoes. I don't eat coconut very often, so I wouldn't miss it. The same for vanilla ice cream. I would miss mayo only because I don't like dry sandwiches. I could live without it if I had to.
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
That would probably be a day back in South Carolina when our heater went out and it was in the single digit temperatures. The fan was running on the heater, but it wasn't putting out any heat. Even bundled up in blankets and coats and cuddled up together, we were very cold.
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
I don't know what would be my favorite dish to prepare, but my husband's favorite things for me to make are custard pie and deviled eggs. I would probably opt for the deviled eggs and pray that the others liked them as much as my husband does.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
I'm not very good at combating stinkin' thinkin'. It usually wins over any attempt to combat it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was hoping to go to photograph a cemetery today but didn't get to because of rain and tornado warnings. I am very happy for the rain because we need it, that's for sure. But, I really, really wanted to go work through our list of photo requests today. Our last two trips out to this particular cemetery, we didn't find any of the people on our list. It will still be too squishy to go out there tomorrow, but I hope by Friday we can try again.