*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

24 January 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 27: #19



Hurry over to visit with Patrice by clicking the button above!

Kimberly asks: How long have you blogged?

I started blogging on Blogger almost a year ago with my blog called One Thousand Gifts.

Lana asks:What is the most difficult part of taking care of chickens?

I don't have chickens, so I don't have a clue. But, if I had them here, the hardest part of taking care of them would be keeping them out of the cats' mouths, I imagine.

Susannah asks: Would you prefer to live where it's hot or cold?

Cold! But, I am stuck in a place that is as hot at the boogeyman's place most of the year.

Farm Girl asks: What sort of things are you looking forward to in 2012?

I am looking forward to continued progress on my family tree and family history. I am also looking forward to filling all of the photo requests that have come my way.

Dreaming asks: What's for dinner?

We'll probably have something involving eggs, but at the moment I am not sure what.

10 comments:

  1. I love making breakfast for dinner, eggs and sausage usually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon is our piggy part of choice, but sausage is good, too. :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I hope that you have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Eggs are wonderful food items..so quick and delicious - always. Thanks to those chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens are pretty cool critters. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  3. I would appreciate a little winter too. Just to have the seasonal changes would be fabulous! I'm about to start my family tree- my uncle on my dad's side has done that one but he's going to help me do my mom's side! I too excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that I miss the change of seasons the most being here. I miss the leaves changing colors in the fall.

      I hope that you have a fun time with your family tree. How far back have you gone on your dad's side. Let me know how it goes, OK? I would love to read all about it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!

      Delete
  4. I left you an award on my blog. You have to check out todays post for more details! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tami! I appreciate that very much. :)

      Thank you for stopping by here and commenting. I hope that you have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Just coming back to tell you that I didn't have any baklava - it's too sweet for me. But I have never heard of it being made with cashews. It is more traditional to use walnuts. But maybe that doesn't help you. I had a lovely bean soup called Fasolada and a Greek salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again. :)

      I had never heard of it with cashews, either, so I didn't even check the ingredient label before we bought it (which I should *always* do because of my allergies). If I had, we wouldn't have bought it. David says that I didn't miss anything by not eating this particular batch. I've never had any problems with walnuts or pecans or peanuts. I had eaten cashews for years, too, with no problem. Then, the last time that I ate them, my lips swelled up really huge, cracked open, and were generally stinky and disgusting. It might have been just a fluke, but I'm scared to death to take the chance again.

      Your supper sounds like it was very nice. I'll have to look up a recipe for this bean soup. Have a great day!

      Delete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...