*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

02 May 2011

Day Seventy-Four: Alzheimer's Disease and Grandma Maggie Spence

My grandparents are on my mind an awful lot these days. Yesterday would have been their seventy-third wedding anniversary.

I was just visiting a blog that gave me yet another reminder of my grandparents, specifically grandma (not that I would ever forget her!). On their blog was a candle tribute to those with Alzheimer's Disease. Visit their blog here: From This Side of the Pond.

This post is my story of grandma, Alzheimer's, and remembering.

Caring Candle for
Grandma Maggie Spence
Alzheimers
Caring.com: Senior Care

Click here to read our story.

I cannot get the candle to link properly. The code that was generated is apparently not compatible with my blog for whatever reason (and I will admit to the possibility of user error!) The link under the candle should take you to our story.

74. I am thankful for my grandparents, all four of them. I am thankful for the closeness that I had with both grandma and granny. I am thankful that my grandparents no longer suffer the pains of this earth and they are reunited. I am thankful for those that give their time and energy to care for those with Alzheimer's. I am also thankful to learn of a way to naturally avoid Alzheimer's in my on life.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

post signature

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...