1. Don't trust anybody. Well, this one I already knew, but this experience drilled it home even deeper.
2. Just because someone says they love you doesn't mean that they do.
3. Some people do not want to be loved.
4. Some people are beyond helping.
5. Good deeds do not always result in good deeds. Sometimes they result in pain beyond belief and broken homes and hearts. As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
6. It is best to let others take out their own garbage. If you take it out, then the stink gets on you and can be impossible to remove.
7. Keep reminding yourself, "Just one more day" or hour, or minute, or whatever it takes to get through the rough spot. We can survive just about anything if we take it in increments. Taking that bottle of pills might not end your pain. It might just make it worse.
8. Don't count everybody out just because some people are bad.
9. Jesus died for the good and the bad. We have to hold on to that thought and do the good deeds anyway.
10. Heavenly Father determines one's value. It doesn't matter what other humans think. They aren't God. He decided that you are of value when He sent His Son to die for your sins. In the end, it is only His thoughts of you that matter.
No matter how bad things get out there, we are never truly alone. We may feel deserted and lonely and abandoned, but we are not alone. He is there working all things for the good of those that love Him. We can trust Him. He had this thing covered long before we were even born.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 (KJV)
Please be sure to visit David over at Random Thoughts and Observations.
I respond to all comments on this blog, ideally within 24 hours. Please check back here for a response to your comment. Thank you!
Please subscribe to David's YouTube Channel. Thanks!