1. Let's all think happy thoughts...share one of yours here.
A very happy thought for today is that the ulcer in David's foot has healed! PTL!
2. There's a Chinese proverb that says, "If you want happiness for an hour take a nap, if you want happiness for a day-go fishing...." What say you? If you want happiness for a day _____________.
Go visit a cemetery. You're on the opposite side of the dirt from those folks! Sometimes all it takes is a change of perspective.
3. Where do you go to decompress from the world around you?
I don't know that I ever really decompress. Right now I'm feeling really overwhelmed and don't see that changing any time soon. Ancestry.com and Newspapers.com are my playgrounds right now, when I have time.
4. What song never fails to make you happy?
I don't know about making me happy so much as making me laugh, and the following song does it every time I hear it. It is from the Madagascar 2 movie.
5. Wednesday is National Fast Food Day. Should that be a thing? Apparently it is, so tell us what's the last 'fast food' you consumed? If you were putting together your own version of a 'happy meal' what would you include?
Sure, it can be a thing. There are lots of "things" these days. I heard of a really weird one the other day, but at the moment, I can't remember what the "thing" was. I was surprised that it existed, though.
I do believe a banana split was the last fast food item that I had.
A happy meal for me would be anything that included shrimp and cheesecake, neither of which would I trust to our local fast food places!
6. In a few sentences tell us why you blog.
I blog because I like to write and I like to read things that other people have written. I like to know the story behind things and I know there are other folks like me out there. So, I blog hoping to share the rest of the story, or the back story, with others….the story of who I am and who was a part of the process of bringing me to be.
7. List seven things you're feeling especially grateful for today.
I am grateful for the healing of David's left foot ulcer.
I am thankful for our practice Thanksgiving meal.
I am thankful for the practice Thanksgiving meal leftovers.
I am thankful that next week is Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for the memories of wonderful childhood Thanksgivings.
I am thankful for hot caramel mocha and coffee, strong and black.
I am thankful for bugs that sit still (and don't bite me!) while I am trying to photograph them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
You probably don't know this already, but Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. It has always been. While nothing beats the meaning behind Christmas, that story often gets lost in the shuffle of "I want" and "Gimme!" Thanksgiving doesn't suffer from the same commercialism as Christmas. It has food and family and gratitude and food and drama and ladybug-covered memories and more food, and then comes the "Oh no, I ate way too much" tummy aches. Then, it's time for leftovers! There's no worrying if this person or that one will like the gift you gave them. There's no pressure to spend more than you can afford on the latest gift of the moment. It has all of the good points that have been stripped from Christmas by commercialism. I am thankful for Thanksgiving!
Please be sure to visit David over at Random Thoughts and Observations.
I respond to all comments on this blog, ideally within 24 hours. Please check back here for a response to your comment. Thank you!
Please subscribe to David's YouTube Channel. Thanks!