*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

01 July 2016

Friendly Fill-Ins - 1 July 2016


This is a fun meme co-hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing. Be sure to visit and join in the fun!
Friday_Fill-In_Badge

Here are this week's statements with the blanks:

Week 8: July 1, 2016...

1. I never thought I would miss _______________________________, but I do.

2. Every 4th of July ______________________________________.

3. If I knew ______________, I would __________________.

4. I have trouble ___________________________.


My answers:

1.  I never thought I would miss the county where I grew up, but I do. The older I get, the more I wish I had never left. Over three hundred years of family history should have been strong enough to overcome whatever came our way. When the going got tough, so did I. I am such a wimp.

2.  Every 4th of July, I wish that I could capture a great fireworks photograph. One year, I did pretty well, I think, for a first-timer.

3.  If I knew how to do higher math, I would be an architect. It is something that I wanted to be when I grew up, but I got scared off by the math. I wouldn't want someone to die because I couldn't figure out how to find X or Y.

4.  I have trouble: Parallel parking. Climbing stairs. Remembering things. Dodging mosquitoes. The list is long and is getting longer as time goes by.


Please visit David's Friendly Fill-Ins post over at Random Thoughts and Observations.  Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. Great answers, Suzanne! Unfortunately, though I am still in the country I grew up in, it has changed. I truly miss the way it used to be. We are in a moral decline. If I was better at math, I may have been a vet. I wanted to as a kid. I was a vet tech, and I loved it.
    My memory is a blessing and a curse. I can relate to the other things you listed!
    Have a blessed holiday, my friend. Thanks for being part of Friendly Fill-Ins. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)

      ACK! David and I have been calling your meme "Friday Fill-Ins" instead of "Friendly Fill-Ins". It is my fault. I'm sorry. I'm working on getting it corrected in all the places that I wrote it wrong.

      I am still in the country where I was born (USA), but over a thousand miles away from the county I was born in. Much of my family was here in the USA a hundred years or more before there was a United States. I agree that this country is in a moral decline and it is scary where it is heading.

      Our oldest daughter wanted to be a vet, too, but she also got scared off by the math and the possibility of harming an animal. As a vet tech, what did you have to do?

      And a blessed Independence Day to you, too, Annie. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for participating, I enjoyed your answers. I can't parallel park, I was lucky when I got my license, I had to do a 3 point turn, but didn't have to parallel park. I am sure you live where God intended you to.Hope you have a wonderful 4th and manage to capture that fireworks photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I missed the first go-round getting my license because of parallel parking. I do my best to never parallel park. Thankfully, our Zoomie is a small car and can get in and out of just about any place. How did you do on the three-point turn? I'm sure I had to do that, too, but don't remember how I did.

      I'm trying to learn how to bloom where I'm planted, even if I'm planted in a droughty, floody place. :)

      I won't be capturing any fireworks photos this year. I think we're staying home this time around. It is just too hot out there and the mosquitoes are unreal.

      Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers! Hope you have a wonderful Independence Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope that you have a great Independence weekend, too!

      Delete
  4. If i'd been better at math, i might have become a CPA; it's a great line of work if you can get it. Good luck, i hope you get a fireworks photo this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to be an architect, but it looked like I would be working for an accountant when I got out of high school. I didn't do either one. Do you think you would have enjoyed being a CPA?

      We're staying home this 4th, so no chance of getting the perfect shot this year. Maybe next year. Thanks. :)

      Have a blessed weekend and 4th!

      Delete
  5. Great answers. I try to avoid parallel parking as much as I can. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. In some places it is nearly impossible to avoid it. I'm generally able to avoid it here. I hope that's the case for you, too. :)

      Have a blessed Independence weekend!

      Delete
  6. Once, I thought I was bad at math and didn't like it. But now I do like it. I have trouble with all of those things also.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you have trouble with those things, too. I am glad that you like math now. I don't think that I ever will. However, I do like Sudoku and do pretty well at it. It is numbers, but not math, and I guess that is what makes the difference for me.

      Have a great day.

      Delete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...