Please be sure to visit Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond to play along!
1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?
I am comfortable with silence sometimes, but I do like to have conversations with my husband more often than not. I do not need background noise or noise just for noise's sake. If I am home alone and it is not silent, I am very uncomfortable. If I am alone, I *want* silence. This isn't a safe town in which we live and if I were home alone and heard something, I would be sure that someone had gotten into the house. Yep, I'm a chicken! My favorite place for silence is a cemetery.
2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?
I would choose the strawberry dipped in chocolate! I love both chocolate AND strawberries.
3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?
I don't own any blue jeans, not because I dislike them, but because I can't find any that fit me properly. I am overweight, but beyond that, I have scoliosis. Because of the curvature of my spine, I have a huge gap in the back waistline if I wear jeans. So, I wear knit pants instead, to reduce the gap. I would much rather wear jeans.
4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?
No, I don't think so. I do believe in ghosts/spirits, but that isn't the same as being superstitious.
The friend that David and I are working with at the moment is very superstitious. He has a major hang-up about the number 13. He sells lottery in his store and will not label one of the bins "13". He just skips from 12 to 14. He adjusted our start date by a day to avoid having to write a 13 in the records for the check.
5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with?
I could be a horse wearing a huge whoopee cushion with a St. Patrick's Day beer stein hat.
6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?
When I get scared, I either start praying or start singing "Jesus Loves Me", and get out of the area where I was scared as soon as possible. Sometimes it isn't nearly as quickly as I would like.
7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
Perhaps today will be the day I hit the best sellers list on Amazon…NOT! Poetry isn't a topic nearly as popular as making money and going into business, but it is what I have.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
"Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them." -Jodi Picoult
Notice: The image link to the book Shattered is an affiliate link. If you click this link and purchase this book, I will financially benefit. Thank you for your support!