Saturday 9's questions this week are as follows:
1. Over all, how do you feel about what happened in your life in 2011?
Honestly? I'll be glad to see this year behind me. Some parts of the year were great, some goals were met. Other areas still need a lot of work! It has been an exhausting year on many levels.
2. Do you do New Year's resolutions? If so, what are they this year?
I don't do resolutions. I have goals, but those goals are subject to change as other things in my life change.
3. In the past 24 hours, I have reconnected with 3 old friends that I've not spoken to in years. If you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why?
I would like to know what happened to my friend Allison from elementary school. We were best buddies way back then. I left for private school after sixth grade and I don't know what ever became of her. She was a very kind, giving girl.
4. Do you have anything that you would have not done or done differently in 2011 as you look back?
Yes, but the list is way too long to put here. But, for starters, I wouldn't have gone so off course with food choices. I was making good progress with the vegan idea, but fell to temptation and haven't found my way back yet.
5. Going back to my ex-friends that I reconnected with, one of them ended over a boyfriend. She called to apologize. Do you have someone that you fell out with you and wonder how they are?
No one comes immediately to mind.
6. If you had a chance to reconnect with an ex (say for coffee), who would it be, and why?
There are no ex-boyfriends for me. The boy that I liked before I started dating my husband was killed in an accident and we weren't boyfriend/girlfriend. He was just a boy that I liked.
7. One of resolutions is about weight-loss. Have you ever struggled with your diet?
No struggle, really. Either I follow it or I don't. It isn't really a diet, per se, but a lifestyle choice. I am working my way back to vegan, though very slowly at this point.
8. What do you think was the top news story of 2011?
Overall for the world, I have no idea. For me, I guess it would be the earthquake in New Zealand. I still haven't heard from my friend down there. I can only hope and pray that she is OK. I saw yesterday that they've had another one down there.
9. What are your plans for (New Year's Eve) tonight?
My husband and I have watched the ball drop via Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve every year that we've been together, with exception of the switch from 1981 to 1982. I was sixteen years old and in the hospital for a tonsillectomy then and they wouldn't let him stay in my room to ring in the new year. We usually watch it on television, but tonight we'll be watching it online. We will have sparkling grape juice with the kids, clink our glasses (and hopefully not break them!), hope for a better year, and then get on with life.
Happy New Year to all of you!