*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

04 October 2011

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 11: #4



Please head on over to Everyday Ruralty to join in the fun!

QUESTIONS

Are you afraid of heights or small places?

I'm not afraid of heights. I love to climb things, mountains, towers, whatever. However, I am afraid of falling/landing and being driven off the side of a mountain. It is the sudden stop at the end that is a problem, not being up high in the first place. I am totally claustrophobic and cannot stand being in small places, places that I can't easily leave, or in crowds of people. I do not use elevators at all.

What was on top of your wedding cake? (If you're not married- What was on top of your favorite birthday cake?)

We had a beautiful glass ornament of a couple dancing on the top of our wedding cake. Unfortunately, it was broken several years after we were married by a "helpful" mover.

What was something you took for granted in school that you'd pay better attention to now if you could do it over?

I can't think of anything that I took for granted in school. I was completely lost in Algebra and still am. I couldn't see how it applied to my life back then and can only slightly see how some of it could possibly apply now. Give me a life application for the subject and that makes it logical to me, which is a great aid in my understanding of it. If there is no logic (according to my logic monitor), then no matter what, I won't get it.

What's your favorite type of tea or coffee? (ie: Chai tea, green tea, English Breakfast tea)

I like Arizona's Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey. I do not drink coffee or hot tea. I'm a Southern girl and we drink iced tea down here. :)

Would you rather drive the car, or be a passenger?

I'm the driver, always. I make a horrible passenger. I have to be in control of the car. I know what I'm doing. I don't have that security with someone else driving.

8 comments:

  1. I love Algebra too:)

    This is my first time visiting your blog, but I'll be back. I love your name (so like my own :)... and you're a Southern girl. Well, what more could I ask for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you and I need to avoid small spaces! Thanks for dropping by my porch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm okay in small places as long as I don't have share my space with someone else. I posted this isn't an issue with me, but after reading your response I realized I hadn't addressed it entirely accurately. I don't like using elevators, either. I avoid them mainly because I don't like being in a closed environment when someone coughs or sneezes. No thank-you! That person can keep their germs coz I don't want them. =D

    Check out some of my posts...
    Chit Chat On Patrice’s Farmhouse Porch
    Wayback Wednesdays…1993

    Have a good day!
    Cathy Kennedy, Children’s Author
    “The Tale of Ole Green Eyes”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on the heights! I am deathly afraid. This interferes with taking escalators, glass elevators, and hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Homeschool on the Croft

    Hi Anne! Welcome to my blog. I appreciate you visiting and your sweet comments. :)

    I think that it is very cool that you live in Scotland. Our family has roots in both Scotland and Ireland.

    I'm very happy to meet you. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Patrice

    Hi Patrice,

    Thank YOU for having a porch for me to drop by. I enjoy your front porch. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cathy Kennedy

    Hi Cathy,

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I don't like the whole germ thing either. My biggest worry, though, is getting stuck in an elevator. It happened to my children once in a medical center and scared me to death.

    I look forward to reading through the blogs that you have listed in your comment. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kristy

    Hi Kristy,

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. Escalators cause me problems, too, but not because of the height. I have problems with balance and feel like I'm going to fall down every time I try to step onto one. I'd flatten everyone in my path for sure. haha

    I'm sorry that heights scare you. Can you pinpoint a moment that sealed this fear for you or is it just the way that it has always been?

    I hope that you have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...