*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

07 August 2011

Getting Healthy

"Oh, no!" I can hear you say. "Not another one of those posts!"

Last summer, I was well on my way to a healthier me, at least in regards to eating habits. The anemia and tumors still had me, but I was making changes that would improve my health overall. Then, I had the surgery, and all heck broke loose. There were exercise restrictions in place and, by the time I was cleared, I was afraid to try things like sit-ups and anything that involved twisting.

And, I was bad. I started eating meat again, and drinking soft drinks, and eating sweet things, and undoing pretty much everything I had spent last summer fixing. Thankfully, that hasn't come back to bite me on the scale, at least not in a huge way.

David and I are giving it a go again. We've started taking walks in the Wal-mart and are drinking more water. We're doing arm exercises with weights and doing sit-ups. Sometimes we're doing the twist and playing with the hula-hoop.

Now, we just have to get the meat and dairy back out of our mouths and more salad in there instead. We need to discipline ourselves to, once again, take the vegan -or at least vegetarian- path. We were both healthier when we did this.

We'll get there, one step and leaf at a time.

What do YOU need to do to get healthier? What is your favorite way to exercise? Please share!

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...