*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

05 June 2011

Day 21 – A Recipe

One of the first things that I learned how to cook was peanut butter cookies. My Aunt Charlotte taught me how. I think that I was younger than twelve years old at the time.

Here is the recipe that I remember.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the cookie sheet or spray it with Pam.

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix all of these ingredients together until they are well blended.

This is the part that gets a little tricky, thanks to my memory issues. I can't remember if you are supposed to use a teaspoon or a tablespoon to measure out the dough for each cookie. So, do whichever you wish and adjust the cooking time accordingly. :)

Roll the dough for each cookie into a ball and place on the cookie sheet, not touching each other. Using the tines of a fork, flatten the cookie ball a little and press a criss-cross pattern into it.

Bake for about 10 minutes, but watch closely, because if you used a teaspoon for the measure, they will cook faster than those measured with a tablespoon. Plus, some ovens are hotter (or cooler) than others, even when set to the same temperature.

Let them cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before you remove them for further cooling.

Enjoy!

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...