*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

25 May 2011

What to Forget

Today's writing idea comes from NaBloPoMo.

"What would you like to forget?"

I would like to forget the rocking chair and the screaming and begging and the always being scared. I would like to forget the barking and the jumping and the crying and the gunshot and the brick steps and the house that is no more.

I would like to forget the situation that took the last thirteen years of my granny's life away from my family and ended a big part of my own. I would like to forget the people that caused the estrangement with my parents (we're reconciled now) and forever changed my life and how I look at people.

I would like to forget that Facebook profile blinking on the screen last summer that turned my life upside down after I had recovered from nearly dying and was happy, finally really happy. I would like to forget that "I wish I had died" feeling...and at that time I wanted to so bad because dying was better than living with that.

I would like to forget that happy feeling because it seems as though I will never be able to get there again...sometimes. I would like to forget the hurt that took the happy. I would like to forget that I couldn't even do the dying right and was left here to live with the remembering that I want to forget and forgetting what I want to remember.

I wish that I could forget to be me and forget the insecurities and fear and jealousies and sometimes even forget that I care and be the me that I was meant to be, happy and free.

I wish that I could forget what isn't meant to ever be again.

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...