*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

04 March 2011

Day Twenty-Four: Meeting the Need

"Eucharisteo. Thanksgiving precedes the miracle." (Voskamp, 2010)

How true those words are! Over the last month, as I have read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts book, I took on the challenge and have been listing things that I am thankful for. More important than the listing, I've actually been thankful for them, not just saying the words. The changes that I am feeling inside me are indescribable.

On the way home from taking my husband to help his friend, I prayed a thankful prayer, listing things that I am thankful for:

~Waking up and still having a family here with me.
~Food and water that meets our needs.
~A roof over our heads.
~Clothes on our backs.
~Our old van that keeps chugging because that is what it does, even though it needs a rest.

So, not really a major, earth-shattering list. We are to be thankful for the big and the small, the good and the bad.

As I type this, a very real and big need of ours is being met. It does not come without its challenges. I fully believe that He has brought us to it and He will bring us through it. I am up for the challenges and very excited to get to it. :)

PTL! for answered prayers!

24. I am thankful for this need being met. I am thankful for the camera that I have that will help us to chronicle this event today. I am thankful for praying friends.

One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I just clicked on your blog from BlogFrog! I wrote about the very same book today on my blog. Small World, huh? That really is a fabulous book!! :)

    Heather
    www.realhousewifega.com
    www.tehgiftcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'll come and check yours out, too. :) Yes, it is a very small world. I agree, it is an awesome book. I'm so glad to have been told about it! Have a wonderful night.

    Your sis in Christ,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...