*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

08 March 2011

Day Twenty-Eight: The Hard Stuff Continues

Today was another day when the hard stuff just kept coming.

I spent the day trying to be thankful, two things weighing heavy on my heart. I’m trying to see the good that could come from this bad. I do see the good that can come from some of it, but the bad is so overwhelming, and I wonder if the good is even worth it in the end.

I feel so alone right now, so useless. All I can see is what I don’t have, and that she took my daddy from me. I don’t want to hate anybody, even those that hurt me. I cannot shake the anger for what she did and how he had to pay for it, how we had to pay for it. He is very sick and I can’t even be with him.

Reminders come sometimes in the most unlikely ways. I was waiting at the airport tonight during my son’s meeting and my husband turned on the radio. The girls knew the song immediately and started singing. I just listened. It was Michael Jackson singing, but it was my daddy - and my Father - that I heard, that I felt.

“You are not alone. I am here with you. Though you’re far away, I am here to stay. But you are not alone, I am here with you. Though we’re far apart, you’re always in my heart. You are not alone.”

It was a hug from my daddy and from my Father, together their arms around me. I dissolved into a pool of tears…

28. I am thankful for reminders that come seemingly out of the blue, reminding me of what I have always had and will always have. My daddy and my Father love me and that will never change. They will always be with me.






One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...