*****

Important Notice!!! We are currently dealing with a serious health crisis involving David. Computer time and blogging will be taking a backseat until we can get this situation under control and, hopefully, save his leg. Please bear with us as we go through this difficult time. Thank you for any prayers that you can offer up.

Also, if you'd love to help cheer him up, please subscribe to his YouTube channel. That would really make his day! The link is at the bottom of all of my posts.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!

15 March 2011

Day Thirty-Five: Old Dogs and Cars

Years ago, my husband compared me to a German Shepherd puppy. Now, it isn’t as awful as it sounds at first reading, I promise. I used to *love* to go for long car rides much like those beautiful dogs. It was fun, zipping down those long country roads. Back home, we had hills and I loved the rush that I got from them.

Coming back home from the airport tonight, I had the same feeling, even though there’s not a hill for several hundred miles. I could picture myself in an old rag-top convertible, wind whipping my hair, Elvis cranked up on the radio, going way faster than I ever should be going, without a care in this world. It felt wonderful! I had my husband and three youngest children with me and it was perfect.

I get the same feeling when I am able to be thankful for something even when the world seems to be falling apart around me.

I saw something on a church sign as we came back through the airport town that hit me with a happy-tude: “While He was on the cross, I was on His mind.” *I* was on HIS mind. How wonderful is that? He did it for me and I am His and that makes all the bad be good again. He has it all under control.

35. I am thankful for little red cars, long stretches of highway, "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", his hand on my knee, and His hand guiding my life. I am thankful for cool, not-quite-spring, Southeast Texas nights, hazy, first morning light, the laughter of children, and “Hello, Darlin’”. I am thankful for Indian Paintbrushes that are here already, heralding the soon-arrival of the prized bluebonnets and months of color on the sides of those long, flat roads.



One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

0 Commented on this P.S.!:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated to help avoid any problems.

I appreciate your comments and will respond as soon as possible. I respond to all comments here on this blog.

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...